- Saralee James Memorial Award
- The President’s Media Awards for Excellence – Best in Film
SOLD | Premiere | MAY 15, 2023 @ ReVerie – Film & Screen Arts 2023 GRADUATION SCREENING
Duration: 14m 26s
Narrative Short Film | Live Action Digital Film
Director | Writer | Producer | Actor | Editor | Sound Designer
A devoted friend must battle to escape, after seemingly sold to traffickers by her best friend.
SOLD | TRAILER
Jennifer’s artistic and directorial approach to filmmaking is to learn as much as she can about the many aspects of production, so to enable herself to have a better understanding of how best to direct others in the many different fields of film making.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION
Majority of the SOLD Production happened as a 3-day shoot out on a farm in the middle of Winter, in early November of 2022. Throughout the shoot, we had almost every weather situation imaginable, with heavy rain throughout the first and last day, and sun and clear skies on the second day and hail on the last day. Luckily, thanks to our preparation and planning prior to the shoot, our team was able to adapt our shooting plan as the weather changed according to forecast. It was not an easy shoot, but I have learned so much through the pre/production of this film. It was a difficult, work intensive and cold production, but I did my best to assure a fun set for everyone involved and prioritized the experience and creation process of the project as opposed to the actual end product itself.
BEHIND THE SCENES
Director of Photography
Director | Writer | Producer
- Ming | JENNIFER LI
- Kiki | LEIFENNIE
- James | KYLE TOY
- Kiki’s Dad | KING LI
- Stunt Fighter/Thug #1 | BRENDON HUOR
- Stunt Fighter/Thug #2 | BEN VAN HUIS
- Stunt Fighter/Thug #3 | CHRIS SCHMIDT
- Kiki’s Dog | THOR
- Editor | JENNIFER LI
- Assistant Editor | GABE KWOK
- Color | THOMAS MAI
- Music Composer | EMMA SHANG
- Sound Designers | EMMA SHANG | JENNIFER LI
- ADR Supervisor | MATTHEW STEPHANSON
- Re-Recording Mixer | MATTHEW STEPHANSON
- Foley Artist | BRENDON HUOR
- Guitarist | DAVID SU
- Producer | IRMA LEONG
- Associate Producer | JETIC GU
- 1st Assistant Director | SI CHEN
- 2nd Assistant Director | MARIA JOSE VELEZ
- Director’s Assistant | BRENDON HUOR
- Camera Operator | JUSTIN MAO | THOMAS MAI
- 1st Assistant Camera | CHERRY CHAN | DITTO MENG
- 2nd Assistant Camera | GABE KWOK
- Grip | JUSTIN MAO | PABLO GARCIA
- Gaffer | MARIA JOSE VELEZ | PABLO GARCIA
- Drone Operator | GABE KWOK | THOMAS MAI
- Location Sound | HO HAI NAM LE | JETIC GU
- Art Director | HANNAH CHANG
- Stills Photographer | JETIC GU
- Continuity | GABE KWOK
- Catering Coordinator | BRENDON HUOR
- Craft Service | EMILY YIP
- Locations Coordinator | EMILY YIP
- Stunt Coordinator | BRENDON HUOR
- Fight Choreographer | BRENDON HUOR
- Kiki’s Dad Stunt Double | JONATHAN PANG
EMILY CARR INSTRUCTORS
CARLO GHIONI | JONATHAN TAMMUZ | CHRISTINE STEWART | DENNIS BURKE | JING QING JIA | PEG CAMPBELL | HARRY KILLAS
- Farm Location | LILY CHEUNG
- Apartment Location | LEIFENNIE
- Farm Advisor | SEANN HARDER
CARLO GHIONI | JONATHAN TAMMUZ | EMMANUEL MANZANARES | HAILE LEE | JING QING JIA | RED BUFFALO NOVA WEIPERT | STEEVEN K. SAMPAASA | BRENDON HUOR | ALEX CHIANG | TAYLOR TAI
RAFAEL TSUCHIDA | NOAH PENNER | JAMES COUPLAND | DANIEL GINNANE | LESLIE KWAN | KEANU LAM | ORPHÉE LADOCEUR-NGUYEN
Thank you to all my fantastic Emily Carr Instructors, and Film Peers who have given me thoughtful and insightful feedback.
My Family who has always shown me support throughout my creative journey.
Everyone who has shown me kindness, sincerity, and guidance along the way.
And a very special thank you to my husband BRENDON HUOR.
This film couldn’t have happened without his unwavering support, love and patience.
CREATED WITH THE SUPPORT OF:
UBCP/ACTRA Student Ultra Low Budget Program & Emily Carr University of Art + Design – Film + Screen Arts Program
Copyright © 2023 Jennifer Li. All Rights Reserved.